Summer seems to be here. The greens have changed from fresh French hues tracing the outline of trees to a lush, deep solid blanket of colour coating everything that isn't water. The songbirds are in full voice all day long, from dawn to dusk (which is long indeed with sunrise at 5:22 am and sunset at 9:06 pm). The sky in filled with dragonflies this morning, hunting for prey.
I have recently become a lover of dragonflies. Not only do they have a surreal beauty and look so graceful in flight, they are the best bug repellent there is. So a sky full of them flitting around is a thing of beauty.
LK is back from his run, Fi is practicing her drawing and Jo is mucking about, just happy to be outside. We are all sitting out in front of the house (I love wireless) enjoying the non-people sounds.
What more could I ask for on a long weekend?
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment