Saturday, May 15, 2010

Showers of Blessings

The past few weeks have made me feel richly cared for.

First, LK and I were planning to purchase a water cooler for the pantry. We have had enough of buying bottled drinking water and boiling cooking water. It's expensive, creates lots of garbage, and takes up lots of counter space. So we were looking at the options and working through our research.

Then Fearless Leader walks up to LK at school and says that they are getting rid of the water coolers in the halls, do we want one for the house? We can have two empty jugs as well so we don't have to worry about deposits either.

Showers falling.

Next, LK and I have been working madly at school all day this year, then packing up everything not-yet-done and bringing it home to finish after the Sprouts are in bed. That has meant he worked on the computer upstairs and I work on the laptop downstairs (we do most of our school work on computer). It has been easy for me to carry my machine to work, but a hassle to print everything. LK has been writing all his stuff on paper at school and then entering it in at home. Not really a big deal, but adds time to an already more than nine-hour day. Any little efficiency helps.

Then Fearless Leader walks into our classrooms and asks if we are interested in laptops for our classrooms. Seems some were sent to the school for teachers to use. He thought we might like to use some. And, by the way they are working on getting the elementary wing hooked up to the server and online.

Showers falling.

Then, comes the day for the anticipated/dreaded blue envelopes. Offers of employment and polite statements that services are no longer required all come into staff mailboxes in a blue envelope with one sheet of formal school stationary inside. LK and I both receive offers to stay next year, with the phrase "we are delighted to offer you" in them.

Showers falling.

Now the sun is shining. We cleaned out the car and mowed the lawn this afternoon. LK is out shooting with his camera (which he hasn't done in ages) while the Sprouts are outside playing with friends. I can hear them chattering outside the open windows; voices rising and falling with plots and plans for games.

I feel like God has opened heaven and poured out his Grace and Love all over my family. I feel soaked to the bone with His Love.

Showers falling to nourish and bless.

Life is very good.

No comments: