I should have expected it. We had an extra-long weekend, followed by a short week that was interrupted by a pre-schooler visiting the classroom for two half days and a substitute teacher for two afternoons and a whole day (because we had no daycare this week). My poor students haven't really had a chance. No class of students could sustain a great attitude towards their learning in those circumstances.
I wasn't though. I had my head buried thoroughly in the sand.
So I spent my morning frustrated with incomplete work and getting behind on hot dog day.
On top of a week that was absolutely murder for students' learning we had hot dog day today. It was my choice. I figured we could use the extra fundraising money to buy board games for the classroom, which will make rainy day recesses much more enjoyable. So when this Friday's hot dog cooking was up for grabs I nabbed it.
I was thinking that at the end of a week like this, there was no way any of my students would be interested in working. So we might as well make the most of the half-day and earn some money.
Oy vey! I need to have my head examined.
The best thing about a less-than-stellar day is that tomorrow (Monday, in this case) is a fresh start... with no mistakes in it. And we earned enough money to buy a whole set of games. Now I have to clean up the mess before heading home.
Friday, May 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment