Sunday, May 2, 2010

Six Weeks

At the six week mark it is officially okay to start counting down to summer. This weekend I am amazed at how long that six weeks stretches ahead. A long, straight road that shimmers with the heat (not the heat outside, its rainy and cold today) and only fades at the horizon.

I feel pretty crummy tonight. I am draggy and tired. My throat scratches. The coughing just won't stop. My teeth are sore (which I think is connected to the sore throat). In short, miserable.

I really want to climb into soft flannel jammies, snuggle up under my covers and turn out the light for a week. I want to close my eyes and not hear or feel anything for seven days of blissful rest.

Since I can't do that I have been going to bed at ridiculously early hours this week. In fact three nights ago, I put my jammies on as soon as the Sprouts were tucked in. I made myself wait to climb into bed until Fi's lights were out. But I think I was out cold within minutes.

When I am struggling to stay up until my kids are in bed, six weeks seems eternally long.

However, it will be six busy, exciting weeks. And they will fly by. And I will even get a bit teary when it is time to say goodbye to this class for the last time in June. I always do.

Now if I could just kick this infestation of germs in my throat I would enjoy the ride a whole lot more.

2 comments:

Jodi.C said...

Isn't it 7 weeks? Sorry to bring it up. Hope you're feeling better-- and Fi too.

EK said...

Shoot, it is 7. I keep getting messed up by the May/June transition. Wishful thinking.