The time of year had come where I feel divided in three.
One part of me is trying desperately to keep working hard on the last few weeks of this school year. This part is tired. This part is ready to say goodbye to this group of students and send them on to new challenges with a new teacher.
The second part of me is starting to think about next year. My order is handed in, job offer accepted, and ideas for how to improve things in the classroom are starting to roll. This part is excited. The excitement is growing bigger every day.
The third part of me is focusing on summer holidays. We have booked camp sites for our travels. The ownership for the trailer arrived. I am thinking about a trip to the city for summer clothes. This part of me is hopping with anticipation.
The only problem with a split personality is that none of me seems to be able to get organized and use time well. So I spend endless time wasted puttering on less-than-urgent tasks while urgent tasks get neglected. Next year's schedule gets retooled endlessly while today's marking sits ignored in my in-box.
I wonder if my head will explode from the tornado of ideas whirling around. Hopefully it will all just stay simmering until June 18.
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment