Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Undeserved

It is our 14th anniversary today. My darling spouse, in completely normal fashion, made me breakfast (which he does every morning), slipped a completely thoughtful card into my lunch bag, and cooked a yummilicious supper for us all tonight (which he also does every night). I am completely pampered, not just today, but every day.

How did this man end up with me? What could I possible have done to merit that care and love that he has shown day-in and day-out for 14 years? Nothing. I am not remotely worthy of his love or devotion. But he gives it anyway. It is a gift that dumbfounds me.

His faithful patient love is an inspiration to me. He inspires me to stand back up when I fall down and try harder to be worth the love and patience that he lives. He lives a piece of the love and care that my Saviour has for his bride. That makes it easy for me to believe that Christ loves his church - if my husband's broken love is that constant and trustworthy. How much more is the love of Christ?

14 years is nothing to shake a stick at. Not a lot of marriages make it that far anymore. That is 14 years of support, faithfulness, patience, and encouragement. I think that my spouse is well on his way to earning a nomination for sainthood. He has put up with my increasingly scattered brain for 14 years!

So, from a wife who is blessed with a husband she really doesn't deserve, but is deeply thankful for;


Happy Anniversary, love!
Thank you for choosing me, not just 14 years ago,
but every day.

1 comment:

Jodi.C said...

Congratulations you two!