Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cwimbing

"I'm cwimbing over the wocks, Mama!" shouted my delighted son this afternoon.

Daycare is closed again due to paint fumes in the building after a complete paint job on the weekend. When we went to pick up LK and Fi we discovered that it's now closed for the rest of the week. Today Jo and I enjoyed a lovely afternoon together (after a foolish attempt to teach and supervise my son at the same time this morning - what was I thinking?).

Today we wandered down to the lake and threw rocks into the water. Jo decided that it was time to do a little rock climbing. So we trekked along the lake shore with Jo taking the hard way over all the big rocks and fallen trees so he could exercise his climbing skills.

Since he cannot pronounce his "l" sounds, his dialogue (which was a running commentary on everything he did and saw) was very Elmer Fudd-like. I just wandered along behind him and enjoyed the chatter.

We certainly can't take him bird-watching or hunting, as his commentary will warn critters of his presence for miles. But listening to him share his ideas and thoughts so freely is a delightful way to spend a few hours on a sunny spring afternoon.

No comments: