I am definitely ready to go home. It has been a very busy summer, and I am longing for the peace of our lake. I can just hear the loons echo in my memory if I listen carefully enough. I miss falling asleep in my own bed. I am ready to embrace our own routine and home again.
Lessons learned from this summer;
- Three weeks is too long to spend in anyone else's house- even if you love them completely.
- Kids travel well, but need the familiarity of home just as much as adults do.
- Really good friends stay that way, even if you are 2 000 km away. Thank God for that!
- God was being incredibly gracious the day he picked out my husband for me; I can never forget what a gift LK is.
- I don't have to be the person anyone else wants me to be; I only have to be the person God created me to be. That may not be who my family thinks I should be.
- I really do like the amenities of city life; enough to put up with the pollution.
- We are a family of explorers, new places and people fascinate us. So we will make travel a priority all our lives.
- I love green things, but they don't have to be wild. Cultivation is okay.
- I love to run, and need it to help me stay sane.
- My favourite place in the world to be is with my family.
So, all in all a good summer. Parts were challenging, parts were inspiring. It was all a wonderful adventure in relationships with the people we love most on this planet. We are heading home with the steadfast faith that we will be closer to these precious people soon. I am praying for a full-time teaching job somewhere south of Superior for next September.
Next post will be from our northern nest in Grassy. Thanks everyone for your TLC and patience with us this summer. You have made this summer a warm memory to hold us through a long winter.
xoxo
1 comment:
We will be praying as well that the Lord will provide a teaching job for you "closer" to home. It has been a great summer and just wish that we weren't so busy so that we could have spent more time together.
Karen
Post a Comment