Friday, August 14, 2009

Dilemma Solved

In the face of a problem I am most often inclined to gather information. It helps me to make not so knee-jerk well-thought out decisions. I have done the same thing with the FSL dilemma.

I sought advice from various other teachers on the issue and was left with the same dilemma; some people advised getting the FSL right away and others had concerns about being 'stuck' with a teaching subject that is not a passion for me. Hmmmm, not so helpful.

BUT I chatted with my long suffering spouse (who has infinite great patience with my waffling) and together we decided that I am not ready to try and pass this entrance exam. It would be much wiser to take my Primary AQ this fall, which I really want to take, and work on my French to do it later.

What does this mean for my hopes and plans for the future? I don't know. I do know that every step of my professional path has been as guided by God as my personal path. I have faith that God knows my whole family's needs and will provide for them bountifully. He always has in the past, and I have no reason to believe that He will change that now.

So, I am looking forward to an exciting fall with a course that I am keen to begin rather than dreading. That in itself is a sign that we made the right choice.

No comments: