Friday, August 21, 2009

Calvin

LK is a big fan of Calvin and Hobbes. He has collected most of the treasuries and we have read them repeatedly. I always thought that Calvin was cute, but not entirely realistic. That was until Jo.

Now I have a real life Calvin. Sometimes I have no idea what to do with him. He seeks out trouble and dirt, demands chocolate milk daily, and is completely unrepentant when he whacks his sister over the head with a truck.

Other times all I can do is laugh. His grin is infectious. His curiosity is unquenchable. And I cannot resist his, "Pweese, Mama?"

My children have stretched me to new heights of patience and flexibility. They have helped me see the world through fresh eyes. But most importantly, they are teaching me the value of grace and forgiveness.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Love the picture, Em! I recognize the setting! I think I agree with you that Jo is a definate Calvin!