...every creature was scurrying, including the mouse. My we are in a hustle today getting lesson plans and calendars and lunch bags and outfits sorted out.
Jo has not been feeling well today and went to bed at 6:00. He spent most of the day sitting in my lap or sleeping. I pray that he is healthy tomorrow so LK and I can both go to work. Calling in sick on the first day of school is really not cool.
Fi is counting down the hours until school starts. She is over the moon about the creative writing program that her new teacher does (lights out, music playing and only silent writing). Over dinner she shared her morning plans with us; get up really early, get dressed right away without even her morning stretch, brush her teeth and wash her face before breakfast and then go right downstairs for breakfast. She is even planning to pack her own backpack with her lunch, since she is so grown up and a grade two now.
I am remembering all the details that I forgot in my classroom, and telling myself that everything doesn't have to be perfect the first day- such personal growth for me. I have got lunches made and every one's clothes laid out, ready to leap into. Somehow I have to get up when the alarm goes off, not half an hour later, and get a run in. If I don't I'll be all grouchy by the end of the day and no good to anyone at all. I anticipate that I will be the least tired member of the family tomorrow at dinner (as I am the old pro at this first day of school thing) and need to cook supper, etc.
LK is printing handouts and plans and going through the big box that was just dropped off. It is part of his classroom order that was not made by the previous teacher in the spring. He and I sat down and made an order last week. Some of it is here, and the rest will come by the end of the week. I imagine he won't sleep a wink tonight. He has only slept a few this week.
By Friday we will all be delighted to enjoy three whole days together without external demands on us. We will make it through the first week on the strength of prayer. We sure don't have what it takes to be what is needed by our children, students, and friends.
So, Lord, prepare hearts tonight. Pour out courage and strength on us. Let your grace flow through us to each person we meet tomorrow. May your name be honoured through the work of our hands and the words of our lips.
Amen and Goodnight.
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment