I had a strange day at school today. The Head Honcho (not my principal, Fearless Leader, but the top dog at the school) sat down beside me in the Staff Room and said, "I have a new grade 7 teacher and its Laurens."
"MY Laurens?" I replied, somewhat puzzled.
"Yes," she grinned.
We chatted about the need for a grade 7 teacher and the possibility of my LK filling the position. I promise to ask him to think about it and get back to her. Then I went off to my class to putter on setting up furniture and bulletin board backgrounds. The whole time I was, of course, puttering in my head about this surprising new development. It was literally out of the blue for me.
Later I went to the office and sat down with Fearless Leader and Head Honcho and asked if they were perhaps joking earlier. We chatted some more, and did a bit of brainstorming and supposing. Again I promised to pose the idea to LK when I got home and get back to them.
Now we are discussing and weighing many pros and cons. We are praying constantly for clarity. Is this an opportunity for us as a family to take a great step forward in much faith, and to make a huge financial step forward out of our chasm of debt? Or, is this a chance to reaffirm our commitment to having a parent at home full-time and raising out own kids rather than farming them out to others? Much puttering in our heads tonight.
Please pray for us as we try to decide wisely. So many people's well-being to consider...
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is a huge decision! The grade 7 class, as you know, is extremely difficult. I can understand the tension about making this decision.We will pray for you! Keep us posted!
There have been a few changes in the class dynamic over the summer, which is part of why we are taking the idea seriously.
Post a Comment