I started a running training program six years ago and finally finished it last week. I know that is somewhat slow progress; but I am pretty darn pleased with myself.
The program is supposed to take 10 weeks. I started after Fi was born, ran a 5k and then quit running. Started again after Jo was born and quit when we moved. Finally I started this spring with a friend and was determined to finish before the summer was over. It took me about 16 weeks, but I can run a whole 30 minutes without stopping! I have done it for two weeks in a row and am darn proud of myself.
We returned to Sarnia this afternoon after a difficult visit with my family (lots of rain, people struggling with the troubles of this world and very little physical space for anyone). As soon as was civilized, I went for a run. It felt great. It was the very first time that I have turned to exercise to help sort through my demons rather than food. I came back feeling fabulous and believing for the very first time that I am a runner.
I didn't take a watch or time my run, I just ran until I felt better emotionally. Now I feel like myself again- man does it feel good!
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations Emily!!
-Karen
Post a Comment