Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Homesick, Already?

My in-laws are the most wonderful hosts, basically giving us the run of the house and allowing us to take over their kitchen pretty much completely. But there is that comfort of familiarity that is a part of being home that helps me relax completely. Now, realistically, if we were home right now I would definitely be going stir crazy.

Perhaps my problem is not so much homesickness as school sickness. I lean heavily towards workaholism, and really love my job. Every summer I go through a bit of school withdrawl. It doesn't hit until the first honeymoon weeks of summer vacation have passed and I am itching to be 'productive'. The trouble is we don't have a home of our own to work on, are travelling for most of the summer (so I couldn't cart my scrapping stuff without leaving a family member at home), and I really shouldn't break the bank shopping, even if it is Value Village and Winners.

So, I struggle through the days where I am just itchy and irritable. I try not to take every suggestion by others as criticism, and I wait for a project.

I suppose I could be working on my French...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally relate. I found it really hard that church and school would wind down in May. There I would be with the whole summer of "secular" life stretching before me. Now if I was a natural evangelist I could go and bug people at bus stops! This new program I'm in has just finished and starts up again in mid August with papers due. Its always feast or famine!

VS