
They say that home is where your heart is, etc. Well, home is definitely wherever my DH and little people are. It was so lovely to come home from three days away to big hugs from Fiona, who was waiting up, and a long catching-up conversation with my DH. I am not sure that anything competes with curling up with a cup of tea in the arms of a loved one and really hashing through your day. Not even chocolate.
Yesterday afternoon we all ended up on the front porch or lawn enjoying the late afternoon sun together. LK turned to me and said, "No matter where we go, I don't think we will ever find a view this amazing again." I agree. I told him that I wanted him to take a fabulous shot of the view that I can get blown up into a poster to hang on our living room wall for our next home (which probably won't have a waterfront view). So he started musing about where he could get the best view and angle. He thought perhaps the roof...
This morning we had a slow start to the day as I had a massive migraine last night and we were all feeling a bit tetchy. Jo has another cold and is using Kleenex every three minutes to staunch the river of snot flowing out of him. LK and I both went for runs in the morning sunshine- separately of course, so someone was home with the little people. We really do live in a gorgeous place. And there is nothing so beautiful as spring after six long months of snow.
No comments:
Post a Comment