
Only two days ago it was below zero and snowing. This morning I was peeling off layers for my run thinking perhaps I should have worn shorts. The trees appear to have been waiting until that (perhaps last) blast of winter was over before bursting with leaves that make the branches green lace against the bluest sky on the earth.
Only a week and a half ago LK and I were agonizing over what to do for September. We discussed, we researched, we pro'ed, and we conn'ed. Then we made our decision to stay and all the chaos and stress faded away. Peace, or maybe acceptance, has descended on our hearts for the moment and we breathe deeply knowing we can revel in the blessings of this place for a little longer.
We can look forward to a summer filled with the richness of fellowship with family and friends- who we have missed more than I know how to express this past ten months- instead of frantically packing, moving and manically trying to get another AQ and a job in the next 12 weeks.
Now that we have committed for another year we are working on thinking ahead. We know that Grassy is not a place where we can put down roots; we are just guests here. However, we do know that our time here in Grassy is changing us. We are learning different priorities and establishing new patterns of behaviour- with one another and with others.
We long to set down roots- preferably somewhere that is a reasonable distance from our families and those friends that are honorary family. However they all live in different parts of the province now... so it opens many possibilities.
We know we have made the right decision for now and anticipate lots of challenges and growth in the next year. But our main focus today is on the few short weeks left before we get to spend time with those we love most. Only 5 weeks until summer!
2 comments:
Hi from Willowdale! Glad to hear that you have been able to come to a decision about next year. Hope you have a wonderful summer of re-connecting with family and friends and that you'll experience peace with this decision. Love your pictures!
I've been distracted with my own decisions and have avoided blogging as I hate to commit anything to paper when its not in my mind....
I just read today of your decision! Congrats on coming to the end of that process....it is so hard to know these things especially for those of us who want to honour God in all we do.
Blessings! V
Post a Comment