I took a medical day to get LK's eyes checked at the optometrist. He is on his last set of lenses and can't wait until July or he will be without contacts. The optometrist was lovely and it looks like LK's eyes are stabilizing. This means that he may be a candidate for Lasik surgery in the future. Woohoo! That means no more glasses. On the way home we figured out how many years of wearing contacts and glasses it would take to pay for the surgery. Less than 10. Hmmmm! Sadly he has to go back in two weeks for the 'drops' appointment which means another day off work to drive him home because the drops make his pupils dilate for several hours and he can't drive. We hoped that would be part of today's appointment. There are some parts of living in a semi-remote location that are just not fun. Oh well, that one counts as 'compassionate leave' as it is for LK not me.
We have 5 sick days a year here, which is by far the fewest number of sick days I have ever heard of for teachers. 20 is standard. I usually use about three in a year plus a few part days for medical appointments that cannot be scheduled outside the school day. This year, due to having to take an entire day for anything that requires being in town for business hours (anything medical or banking or taxes or...) I have used all 5 and then some of my "Compassionate leave" days (we have 6) for appointments for the rest of the family. I am so glad that we are healthy for the most part. I pray that we stay that way.
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment