It has been a heavenly week, and I have been remiss in not sharing anecdotes. But I was on holidays. Holidays means doing what I want, when I want (except of course for snuggles with the Sprouts - which we never take holidays from).
So, a belated Merry Christmas to all our loved ones. I hope that you had as wonderful a Christmas as we did. Because it was Wonderful!
I have fallen asleep two nights in a row thinking about how happy I am and how incredibly blessed I feel. It is a really good way to fall asleep; I highly recommend it.
Blessings that I count for 2010 include;
- a husband that still makes my knees weak, even after almost 15 years of marriage!
- two healthy, happy, silly children who makes me smile, even when they are driving me crazy!
- family that, even though far away, I can feel close to thanks to the blessing of technology
- a home that is a safe, warm place to be especially when the weather is chilly
- a job that I love and enjoy waking up to go to every morning (and that has great holidays with my aforesaid family)
- friends near and far, old and new that bubble over with caring and love, inspiring me to do the same
- sanctification (the word of the day in the sermon yesterday) slowly, and sometimes painfully, being done in my heart and soul
What more could I ask for in life? What more is there?
As the movie title says, "Life is beautiful".
I hope that you all have hearts filled with joy at the richness of your blessings. I hope that 2011 brings an overflowing of that joy into the world around you. What a blessing that would be!
1 comment:
Merry Christmas to you too, Em. I've been thinking a lot about you guys over the holidays! Enjoy the rest of your week off!
Post a Comment