Saturday, December 11, 2010

Stockings All Hung

We are winging down the before-Christmas madness at school. Every school has the same madness before the holiday - kids getting more excited every day, rehearsals for concerts in every classroom, sleds on the playground, snow and snowballs everywhere. Together they all combine for a slightly manic climate in the building in the few weeks before the hoilday. It makes teachers look forward to the holiday a lot. Then we get some well deserved peace and quiet (if we don't have kids of our own).

Well, the madness can often extend to home as well. But this year we have been remarkably calm. We have also been remarkably behind. As a result there may be a few Christmas gifts that just make it to their destinations for Christmas. Hopefully none will be late!

Today is the day of finishing up the last bits and pieces before sending things off in the mail. We have been creating and writing messages and wrapping all morning. Now I am letting the cramps in my hand go away - I seem to have lost a lot of my handwriting stamina since the laptop arrived - and listening to the kids "cleaning up" after having a friend visit for the afternoon.

Unfortunately that means that I have some cleaning altercations to mediate. Plus, I am still working on teaching Fi what my definition of a clean room looks like.

Later.

No comments: