An interesting Facebook group is called Dressember. A whole group of ladies (and adventurous men?) are wearing dresses and skirts for the month of December to break out of the jeans and t-shirts rut. Hmmm. I am intrigued.
Sidebar: this is what I love about the Internet; there are people from all around the world that you can connect with and learn from. So cool!
I am in trouble if I want to participate in Dressember. I only have two dresses in my closet. Sad state of affairs that is! How can I only have two dresses? Oh yes, I live in northwestern Ontario where we have winter six months of the year. And I live in the bush. Dresses are just not really practical.
But I wear them anyway. Because practical is not my middle name. And nothing goes with a great pair of heels (boots or pumps) like a fab skirt. And I really love my heels - even in the bush.
So now the question is... to be or not to be Dressember. I happen to have worn a dress today, and yesterday, come to think of it. But that taps out my dresses. And I only have one skirt that fits decently right now. Yikes!
Better get off my backside and move it so that I can reach my goal and shop. Because I gave away all the skirts that are too big. And there is no going back.
So, Dressember will have to wait. But perhaps I shall do my own Excer-ember in pursuit of my fitness goals.
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Please come and join us.
(Strictly speaking skirts are supposed to be attached to a top half making it a dress but we don't ostricise the skirt, joining in and enjoying femininity is what counts.)
Our group is www.facebook.com/dressember
It is not too late to dressember and observers are welcome.
Love to you Waldo hunter x
Post a Comment