Sunday, November 7, 2010

Thrifting


thrifting (verb) to purchase previously used/loved items at a substantial discount; demonstrating astute financial prowess; recycling in a centuries-old tradition. (from the Dictionary of Emily)

There is a shopping high, and then there is a thrifting high. I am not am expert on highs, but I cannot imagine there is a more wonderful feeling than when you score an exceptinally great find. Yesterday at Value Village I hit the motherload!

Look carefully at the picture below. Note the price. A deal for a pair of jeans, even if they are well loved and worn in (how I like my weekend jeans). But look closer. Can you see the brand name?

When I noticed it I did a triple-take. Holy cow; 7 for All Mankind jeans!!! Seven bucks!!!!!

They are still a bit snug, but that is just the motivation I need to keep losing those pounds. Perfect timing, as I was slacking off recently.

Woohoo, motivation and that happy bargain finders high. What a rush!

No comments: