What is it that makes the difference between a good day and a not-so-good day?
This morning I was up early (I seem to have turn back anohour with the clock). And so althought I spent the time feeling guilty for not running, I had a really relaxed time of getting ready, for the first time... ever? It was remarkable; there was even time to wash the breakfast dishes before heading out to school and daycare. Is that what set up a good day?
Maybe it was the increased amount of sleep I have been getting for the past three nights, with Jo sleeping through the night again. What bliss to be able to stay in bed all night; no jumping up to tuck Sprouts who have lost their covers back in, or calming upset Sprouts with fevers or headaches. Is that what set up a good day?
Perhaps it was just a happy meeting of my rested mood with that of my students.
Whatever it was, it was lovely. And we laughed together today. And it felt so deliciously good to laugh with my students, and enjoy the lighter side of life.
It was such a good day that even having two yard duties didn't dull the shine. They may have polished it up a bit!
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment