Thursday, November 18, 2010

It's Snowing!

It's finally here! Winter, that is. It snowed for a good chunk of the day. Big, fat, drifty flakes that make you want to bundle up and go for a meander in it.

After we got home Jo couldn't resist, and stayed outside to play while the rest of us went in to make hot chocolate. He tromped around making footprints across the thin layer of snow in the yard and on the deck. The canoe (which should probably be put away before it gets iced in...) was carefully brushed off. He came to the door looking for his snow shovel to clear off the deck. What a great helper! That denied, he walked the deck in circles for a few minutes, moping.

With a promise that we would dig out his snow shovel after school tomorrow, he was satisfied to come inside and join the rest of us for some hot chocolate. Yum!

2 comments:

Jodi.C said...

No sign of snow here yet. It's been hovering around 8 degrees for the past few weeks and only a few times have I even seen frost. That being said, I feel like I need some official start to the holidays. Since the weather isn't showing signs, I decided to take matters into my own hands!

Donna said...

beautiful pics, em! glad it's you enjoying the snow and not me :)