Monday, November 29, 2010

I am at the tail end of my online AQ course. I am at the tail end of my energy. I am just at the tail end. Anyway, as the Christmas prep season is rolling out, it is becoming more diffucult to stay motivated and focussed on getting things done and handed in.

I am not the only one struggling; my students are also in Christmas mode. Be lunchtime today it felt like my class had been taken over by the Christmas-pod aliens. They already have sugar plums dancing in their heads, and we have three weeks to go.

Truthfully, I want the holidays to be here as much as they do. I want to sleep in and play in the snow with my kids. I want to stay in my jammies and read on the Kindle. I want to watch movies and make cookies.

However, before we get there, we have a math unit to finish, a Christmas song to learn to play on the bells (with at least one of my students missing every day), and decorations to create for the gym. Plus we have a reading strategy unit to wrap up, a social studies unit that we started today, but should have been started three weeks ago (so we are just a bit behind on that one), and an art project that just keeps dragging on.

Well, with that to-do list I really don't need to worry about planning for the next three weeks; I know exactly what I need to get done.

But first, that course assignment to finish up.

No comments: