I found an essential recipe that morning. Homemade carpet cleaner.
Last night we were woken to the classic sound of vomiting at midnight. It is a sound that every mother and teacher is all too familiar with.
Fortunately, Fiona recognized the impending trouble and dashed for the bathroom. Unfortunately she didn't quite make it all the way there. So, I was scrubbing vomit off the carpet in the middle of the night.
This morning, when the scrubbing and layer of Borax that I left on it all night didn't clear away the smell (what a stink!), I went hunting on google. I discovered a great recipe that I already had almost everything for and went to work.
As I was scrubbing the carpet, Jo asked, "Can I help, Mama?" So he was my designated towel stomper, to absorb as much of the wet cleaner and then rinsing water as possible.
Fiona was tickled that I was doing science (by mixing chemicals to clean the spill).
And so, another day in the K house begins.
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Emily...could I have that recipe? Karen
Me too!
Post a Comment