
An hour long drive into town gives one lots of time for reflection, conversation, and music. Although I hate the slippery roads and the anxiety of the drive home in the dark, I love the time with my love and the scenery is breath-takingly beautiful each and every time we drive it.
This week the trees were encased in crystal from last week's freezing rain. The brilliant blue sky provided a perfect backdrop for the trees' upper branches brighter than the sun shining on them. The rest of the branches are heavily laden with the snow that fell in the three days after the freezing rain and are bowed under the weight. Between the blue of the sky - like a midsummer day, and the white of the snow, the sparkle of the ice was more beautiful than diamonds.
Today we had one of the most beautiful days I can remember. I went for a long ski after breakfast out on the lake, which was a fabulous way to begin the day. After lunch we all went down to the lake and re-shovelled our rink. The kids took their little shovels and sleds. LK worked like a dog and go the whole rink cleared. The weather was balmy enough to go coatless and mittenless while shovelling. It was wonderful.
Today I am deeply content with my life. Although we are physically far from family and many of our friends, we are deeply blessed. My family brings me deep joy- my kids and husband are the greatest gifts in this world. My job gives me an opportunity to make a difference in this world- one students at a time. I am learning to develop relationships with my family and friends in new ways over the many kilometres. I live in a place that makes it impossible to stay inside or ignore the creative palette of the Master Artist.
This week the trees were encased in crystal from last week's freezing rain. The brilliant blue sky provided a perfect backdrop for the trees' upper branches brighter than the sun shining on them. The rest of the branches are heavily laden with the snow that fell in the three days after the freezing rain and are bowed under the weight. Between the blue of the sky - like a midsummer day, and the white of the snow, the sparkle of the ice was more beautiful than diamonds.
Today we had one of the most beautiful days I can remember. I went for a long ski after breakfast out on the lake, which was a fabulous way to begin the day. After lunch we all went down to the lake and re-shovelled our rink. The kids took their little shovels and sleds. LK worked like a dog and go the whole rink cleared. The weather was balmy enough to go coatless and mittenless while shovelling. It was wonderful.
Today I am deeply content with my life. Although we are physically far from family and many of our friends, we are deeply blessed. My family brings me deep joy- my kids and husband are the greatest gifts in this world. My job gives me an opportunity to make a difference in this world- one students at a time. I am learning to develop relationships with my family and friends in new ways over the many kilometres. I live in a place that makes it impossible to stay inside or ignore the creative palette of the Master Artist.
"The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.
There is no voice or language
where their voice is not heard."
- Psalm 19
No comments:
Post a Comment