
Last night was "the night before Valentine's". In my house this year that means a bonanza of baking cupcake treats for three classes of kids; mine, Fiona's and LK's. Cupcakes are not a huge task, particularly when you use a mix. So it was not a huge chore, just time consuming.
The biggest challenge was getting them all packed up to travel to school this morning. I decided to ice at school to make the travel easier (and there was no way I could find containers for 45 iced cupcakes in my kitchen). So I spent my lunch hour with a piping bag and pink icing in the school kitchen. That made the day a bit frazzled and I was running around with icing on my shirt all afternoon.
It was worth every minute to see and hear the reactions of the students. They were so tickled that such lovely cupcakes had been make just for them. When they came inside after lunch, they looked, smelled and said, "Mmmm, they smell really good." (I am pretty sure they just smelled like sugar). Then one of my boys stated, after taking his first bite, "You made the inside pink too, didn't you?" with a big grin on his face.
The biggest challenge was getting them all packed up to travel to school this morning. I decided to ice at school to make the travel easier (and there was no way I could find containers for 45 iced cupcakes in my kitchen). So I spent my lunch hour with a piping bag and pink icing in the school kitchen. That made the day a bit frazzled and I was running around with icing on my shirt all afternoon.
It was worth every minute to see and hear the reactions of the students. They were so tickled that such lovely cupcakes had been make just for them. When they came inside after lunch, they looked, smelled and said, "Mmmm, they smell really good." (I am pretty sure they just smelled like sugar). Then one of my boys stated, after taking his first bite, "You made the inside pink too, didn't you?" with a big grin on his face.
2 comments:
very fancy cupcakes, em! all my kids got were leftover valentines from aaron and sophie's pack(cars and tinkerbell) with a heart sucker.
Ooops. Forgot to say that these are not mine. They were the closest thing I could find on a google image search. Mine had the fancy icing, but not chocalte decoration on top. I put a Smartie on top of each one.
Post a Comment