Since the 14th falls on the weekend, and since we had a PD Day on Friday, tomorrow is Valentine's Day (at school). While not quite the level of silliness and sugar-crazed giddiness of Halloween, Valentine's Day in elementary schools is a pretty big deal.
As soon as we arrived home after school today, Fiona started asking, "Can we do our Valentine's now?"
So all four of us sat around the table before supper. Fiona carefully wrote her Valentine's with a Sharpie (being very careful about where the marker marked as it is permanent). I cut and glued and wrote Valentine's for my class. And then together the two of us cut. glued and wrote Valentine's for Jo's daycare class.
What were the other two family members doing at this time (since they were gathered around the table also) you may ask.. playing LEGO. The boys were puttering with their LEGO.
Again I say, who could ask for more. I am a rich woman, surrounded by an amazing family (even though my 'grown up' husband loves any excuse to play LEGO with his kids).
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment