Where in the world can you call in sick for work often on Mondays for over a year and not lose your job? Where in the world can you sign a contract that promises prep time and then have no prep time because the prep teachers are sick and we only have one sub? Where in the world can you feel completely stressed trying to decide if your child is sick enough to keep home because you only have 11 sick/compassionate leave days a year (even though you work in a cesspool of germs every single day, and the 'industry standard' for sick days is 20)?
Well, if you guessed working on a reserve school, you win!
Grrrrr! I am so frustrated.
I really love my job and my students (well I love my students most days- not so much on the days when they flip furniture over and call me names). If we could just take the adults and the self-serving politics out of teaching it would be a great profession.
Wait now, I am an adult. Nevermind.
Still frustrated though!
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment