Sunday, December 6, 2009

Retractions?

Since my last post I have been reflecting. My dad also was talking to me about the post. It seems to have come across as much more virulent than I intended.

I have been reflecting on honesty. How does one balance the need for truth with the need to cover hurts, the need to stand up for oneself with the needs of the community? How should I, as an outsider in a community, balance the expectations of my culture and my own expectations with those of the community.

How can I balance what I don't understand? How can I understand what no one talks about?

My dad posed the theory that perhaps the issues that bother me, about which I vented in my last post, are examples of a community coping in a situation that is less than ideal. The alternatives to dealing with the staff issues are much more hurtful to the community. Sort of a 'lesser of the evils' situation.

So, I apologize to anyone who found my last post angry. Although, truthfully it was. But it was not intended to be hurtful to anyone.

I am wrestling with the fact that my world isn't black and white, but filled with greys. I long for the simplicity of black and white answers to the brokenness of this world.

Please pray for me; for a heart that sees beyond my own experiences and for compassion for the hurt and solutions that don't make sense to me, but are necessary for the survival of others. Mostly for humility to see that I do not know better than God.

No comments: