Josiah's new favourite phrases are;
- "Hurray! Cissmas!" shouted at top volume about anything Christmas-related. Santa (Fearless Leader in costume) visited the school yesterday, handing out presents to all the students. Jo was agog at Santa and absolutely thrilled with his present. He has been carrying it around all day today.
- "I wuv ----. Do you Mama? Do you wuv ---?" asked about various daily items such as lunch, books, snow, yogurt. I am holding my breathe for when he says it to me...
- "Shoot!" which is our swear and he uses whenever something goes wrong. Often it comes out when he has dropped or broken something that he is working on building.
I remember when Fiona was learning new phrases and experimenting with them. Now Jo is going through the same exploration. Often it is funny, sometimes it pulls at the heartstrings- and always it as awesome to listen as a little person learns to use and play with language.
No comments:
Post a Comment