We collectively lost about 100 pounds today. Not of body weight, but stuff. LK and I spent the majority of the day purging the shed, laundry room and the storage closet. My we gather a lot of odds and ends in three years!
We have been holding onto a recalled crib (that won't be needed again in our house) and a broken piano (that we were holding onto for sentimental reasons - as we can't play the thing anymore). In the house were various small items that I bought thinking that they would somehow improve our lives, and of course, they didn't. So off they go to new homes.
LK loaded the car up with the items that were going to the dump, and I had the joyful task of taking it to the dump. Jo wanted to go with me so he could count bears, but we needed to put the seats down in order to fit big stuff in (I love my Subaru), so no passengers allowed.
At the dump I was greeted by three large adult bears. One was so delighted that I brought fresh garbage that he ambled up to the car sniffing the air. He looked like a restaurant customer anticipating a great meal.
As a distraction for him I tossed one garbage bag out the driver door and requested that he drag it away from the car so I could get rid of the rest of my load. He politely accommodated me and I madly tossed the load out of the car as fast as I could with two hands and one eye. I kept the other eye on the bears. My bear-watching eye noticed three other bears draped over tree branches around the dump, enjoying their afternoon naps.
Now the car is filled with the second load; this one destined for the Goodwill. Jo said a tearful good bye to his stroller (which he outgrew last summer) and we all are breathing easier.
I do love a good purge of junk. And it makes my new kitchen walls look even purtier!
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment