Things are CRAZY at work this week. Just CRAZY. I had a realization this morning (after dumping all my own crazy on my poor sister over the phone last night; thanks for being there, chickie) about getting through the crazy. The realization? Nobody needs my drama right now.
Everyone at work (and I mean everyone) is dealing with a whole big load of crap. People are tired. People are mourning loss of family or friendships. People are preparing for major transitions in their lives. People are trying to be strong for others that they love. People are scared that someone they love may not come home. People are scared that they may not make it home.
A colleague today modelled exactly what we all need right now. She was enjoying a 'recovery day', where her students were not at school (sleeping in and recovering from their field trip yesterday) and so had a quiet room all day. She popped in just before lunch and volunteered to supervise my class at lunch so I could have a break. She did the same for another colleague, taking two classes. Now that is a servant heart!
When I expressed my thanks for her kindness, her response epitomized what I need to turn into my refrain, "Hey we're all on the same team! We gotta help each other out."
In order for everyone to get through the next two weeks at school and at home, we need to be solid. No drama. No make a bigger deal than it really is. None of it. We need to be grown ups, not divas.
On the home front things are good. I thought that I would be losing it after 24-hours without my darling spouse to share the load. But the Sprouts are truly wonderful. I can actually cook more than one dinner in a row without dropping. And as long as I am not too ambitious about tackling home improvement or cleaning projects right now, staying on top of dishes is not much harder on my own. I know that doing this on my own long term would be really hard (big kudos to single parents out there), but I am just content that we are still doing pretty darn good as day 2 comes to a close.
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment