Over the Christmas holidays Fiona discovered Harry Potter. In three weeks she read through the entire series and began what is shaping up to be an intense love of all thing Potter. Since then she has reread the whole series once and is started on her third time around. Yesterday her March Break treat arrived in the mail; a Harry Potter LEGO set. She was thrilled that it was all hers to build and keep.
This morning she was eager to get dressed and breakfasted. By 9:00 (the Sprouts and I were home as the daycare was closed and somebody needed to be with Jo) she was carefully cutting bags of LEGO pieces open at the dining room table. Fi worked on her side of the table with fierce concentration.
Jo and I worked on our side of the table building a log cabin together. His concentration was less fierce, and inserted in between bursts between laps through the house to grab another LEGO toy or play a round of a game with a LEGO guy. He calls the mini figures LEGO guys.
It took her most of the day. She stopped for lunch, some time outside to play in the snow, and not much else. By the time Papa came home from school she was the very proud constructor of her very own Burrow. And she was fending off Death Eaters with Harry and the Weasley family. I can see that there will be hours of play with this over the next week. And she is glowing with a challenging task accomplished all by herself.
Smart purchase, Papa!
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Waitaminutehere... she read ALL of the books in 3 weeks?! That's flippin' amazing.
She reads faster than I do. I think she might be smarter than me, than both of her parents put together, actually.
Post a Comment