I had the most lovely end to my spring break - a hair and nails pampering plus a shopping trip with a friend. It was a wonderful break from mommy duties, and a literal breathe of fresh air as Saturday was lovely and warm in the city.
Friday I had some alone time at the hair dresser and getting my nails done. I walked out feeling like a million bucks and totally pampered. What a treat! Then was off to have a girls dinner out and a sleepover (just like when I was a kid).
Saturday morning we were up early (who gets up at 6:30 on Saturday?) and off to the city for some retail therapy. We had a good chat in the car followed by some serious thrifting. I really love a good thrifting day and came home in high spirits thanks to good deals, fabulous girl time and the pampering.
I came home with treats for everyone, which is lots of fun. LK got a new (actually new, not thrifted) grill pan to take his cooking to the next level. Jo got some adorable new shirts and sweaters; proof that his Mama cannot resist the colours blue and green. Fi got a new pair of ankle boots for spring and gorgeous new wall stickers to redecorate her walls in a more grown-up theme. She is growing out of the fairies stage and so we are transitioning to flowers and butterflies in the same colours. I was so tickled to find this as it means a new look without having to replace bedding or change the wall colours.
I came home with a wardrobe lift including a soft-as-baby-skin cashmere sweater and a pantsuit made of denim; both purchased at incredibly cheap prices and therefore even more delightful buys. Very fun and I can't wait to experiment with the mix and match possibilities in the coming weeks. I am intentionally avoiding the colour black in most of the new clothes that I purchase now - as I have historically had a very black-dominant wardrobe. Plus it is spring (seasonally if not according to the weather) and spring is all about colour.
So, with that great big dose of "Me Time" I am ready to tackle the last 13 weeks of the school year with energy and enthusiasm. Look out world, here I come!
Sunday, March 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good for you!
Post a Comment