Thursday, August 12, 2010

Home, Sweet Home

The best thing about holidays, after the relaxing and sleeping in to decadent times of the morning, is coming home and remembering all the things that make home where my heart really is. Here are a few that came to my mind as we arrived at home yesterday:
  1. Sleeping in my own bed.
  2. Running into people I know in town, and having them smile to see me.
  3. The comfortable feeling of driving familiar roads, with little changes that make it new and wonderful to see again.
  4. A brand new deck that is finished and fabulous; what a great welcome home surprise!
  5. Cooking in my own kitchen, where everything is stored where it makes sense to me (or to LK), and where the groceries that I like are regularly stocked.
  6. Checking books out of the library.
  7. Grocery shopping in a store where I can find everything.
  8. Having my full wardrobe to choose my outfit from.
  9. More than four pair of shoes to wear.
  10. Did I mention sleeping in my own bed!?!

And those are just a few of the things that I treasure. I could go on and on about what makes home so sweet. Travel is good. Seeing loved ones is good. Being home in my own space is great.

No comments: