Monday, August 16, 2010

First Monday

For teachers, this time of year is New Year's. We literally start a new year every September. Today is First Monday for us, hopefully. Since I am a hopeless chat-and-visit junkie when at school with colleagues, particularly after not seeing them all summer, I need to work on getting the classroom organized and planning before my dear colleagues all arrive. That way I get my chat-and-visit fix when they arrive, all while distracting them from their work, and also am prepared for the first day of school.

Here we start a week before the traditional Canadian start of Labour Day. I don't know why, but we also are finished a week before most Canadian boards. That is very nice in June. So August 30 is the big day this year. Staff meetings starts next Monday. That means this Monday is my big starting day.

I am just waiting to find out if the hall floors have finished being waxed. For some reason they were left until the very last moment and were not done when I went to pick up mail on Friday. Hopefully they will be done today because I am getting that anxious feeling of being behind. Already.

No comments: