Monday, January 4, 2010

Back at It

We started back to school today. It was not nearly as difficult as I had anticipated. I think that really being refreshed by our holiday made a big difference in my attitude today. Plus I really do love my job, almost as much as I love hanging out with my family. And, really, I get to do both every day. Who could ask for more?

It was an early morning, with LK working out downstairs at 6am (which woke me up to the THUMP THUMP of his shoes on the living room floor). Fi was awake by 6:30 (very uncharacteristic for her) and crawled into bed with me as her room was cold. It was -34 this morning.

So we all were up before we needed to be. That led to a relaxed getting ready with no rush at the last second to get bites of breakfast down on the way out the door. I had everything laid out last night too, which made a huge difference. I must remember to keep that up- it improved my morning mood substantially.

Arriving at daycare we discovered that the heat is STILL NOT WORKING. I had no words. We just slipped back into the take-Jo-to-school routine and I am home with him this afternoon. It turned out to be a good thing though, I got the tree and decorations all put away and the living room all tidied. It feels a bit bare in here, but that it the January sans-decor feeling. It will pass soon enough.

My class was remarkably well behaved this morning. In fact, I stopped mid-morning and commented on the fact that I had not had to even warn anyone about their behaviour. Stunning! I was delighted. Didn't want to leave, in fact, I really wanted to enjoy their attention to their learning.

So, I am revelling in the chatter of my son, "Mama, Jo do dishes," which is a constant sound and puttering without feeling guilty about where I should be. Jo is enjoying that fact that he has my attention and doesn't have to wear his pants. It is sometimes really nice to have things out of your control and just to roll with it- because anything else just gets me supremely bent out of shape.

No comments: