It is so good to feel deeply refreshed after a holiday. I was still smiling (without faking it) at the end of the day. I was tired, but not stretched. I wish that every day, even those long ones that used three days' worth of patience in June, could end with that feeling.
However, the work to do after the kids go to bed just isn't letting up. Isn't it supposed to be easy after a few years of teaching? Aren't I supposed to have all my plans done and laminated (much sarcasm here)? Sigh.
I love my job. I also love to curl up on a cold winter night with a good book or a DVD of a favourite tv series and chill out. I would love to leave school at school every day and just be me at home. But if I did that my students wouldn't get what they need from their learning every day.
That is the best part of the holidays, no homework for the teacher.
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment