The past two weeks have been crazy busy. We are back in the swing of school full time, LK celebrated his birthday, and things have turned upside down at work.
Things are very busy in the classroom with students being amazingly well behaved that first week back, then going into some sort of protest the second week, as well as having a new students mixed up the classroom dynamic. That has been exhausting.
LK celebrated a big birthday but wanted to keep it low key. So we were busy with that for a week.
This week our top dog at school announced that she is leaving for another position in the city, and she has a week left here. Her replacement is the Head of Resource, who is being replaced by the grade 1 teacher, who is being replaced by a new teacher. Quite a chain. It means there will be some big changes coming down the pipe over the next several months. THis has many staff members at school wondering what it means for their jobs.
LK and I have been trying to thing ahead without getting worried or stressed about the impact this will have on our classrooms, students, and family. We would appreciate prayer for wisdom in knowing if this is a step into setting roots here, or a lifting of our roots and getting us ready to move on again. We are hoping for the former as we have begun to make connections in Grassy with people other than the "outside teachers".
I am thankful for the sense of care and blessing that I have strongly felt over the past month from God. I have had so many moments of wonder at my kids and spouse, and been awed by how rich I am in the love of my family. I am deeply thankful for our jobs, which we both are enjoying and learning so much in. I love my long-distance friends and family and am finding new riches in the relationships we are developing living far away from one another. It has also been wonderful to have LK's mom here to visit, and we are looking very much forward to our next visitors over the March Break.
Anyway, meandering blog aside, we are well. I have not been up to crafting thoughtful reflections on my day for the past two weeks as the days have been long and tiring. Hopefully the next few weeks will settle down.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment