Yesterday was a really horrible day. I had one point in the day where a student was throwing food at the rest of the class, and another point where a student refused to talk to me and just broke pencil after pencil to express his anger with me. At the end of the day it took all my strength to tell myself that it was one day, that it is not personal, and tomorrow will definitely be better.
And you know what, it was. I had a good day today. No one threw anything at me. And Gum Girl actually spit her gum out in the garbage when asked instead of saying, "No. No. No." to everything I said. No one ran out of the room and had to be hunted down by Fearless Leader. Everyone was actually working independently for a short time, in the afternoon. I am not sure how I could ask for more.
Now I sit here praying that it is the beginning of great things for my class.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment