I have often heard women comment that men turn into babies when they are sick; needy, whiny, helpless. LK doesn't get really sick much. He usually toughs through it and just keeps trucking- albeit somewhat more crankily.
I got a real idea of what they mean this weekend. Jo was down with a fever for the first time. My was he clingy- I may rename him The Leech. If he was awake, he needed to be touching me. He hasn't eaten more than a biteful of rice in two days. And he kept me up all night last night. I am very earnestly praying that he gets an amazing night's sleep tonight and is in great shape tomorrow morning, because otherwise guess who gets to stay home with him?
The upside is that I got lots of snuggle time with a little boy who is increasingly independent every day. I can see the day when he will be too cool for mommy snuggles just dawning on the horizon. For now, even though I am exhausted, I will revel in how needed I am.
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
As an "aunt" I have experienced the sudden maturity of my nephew who is suddenly too old for things that used to make him laugh. We went to Chuckie Cheeses and some of the younger games were just not acceptable anymore. He gravely told his sister that he does not "skip" when he is excited anymore because he is too old for that. Sigh. Its not the same as for a mother but it is disappointing!
Post a Comment