Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Westward, ho!

We did it! We signed on the dotted line and committed to a year in Grassy Narrows. Now we are excited, terrified, and making lists madly.

Grassy Narrows is on an Ojibway reserve 80km north-east of Kenora, ON. I will be teaching grade 4. Fiona will be attending SK at the school. Laurens will be managing the home front and keeping tabs on Josiah during the day. He also hopes to get back into cooking. Lots of practice with his camera is a given, and you'll see updates on his Flickr site regularly. I will try to post some pics here as well.
So this blog is probably going to morph into a journal of our grand adventure. Of course, God will feature prominently, as He is the author of our adventure. I will narrate and hopefully be able to share the ups and downs with those who love us.
We covet your prayers as we prepare for this trip. 2,000km in a moving van and tin can (our car) is not exactly an ideal way to travel, but it will get us there together. We plan to move out of Toronto August 11 and arrive in Grassy Narrows on August 15.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the drawing - look at the huge smile on Laurens' face!

Photos and drawings - great!

VS