So I have taken this leap (without the requisite looking first) and spent a lot of time praying in the past three months. I have been quite specific in my prayers regarding a new job; if there is somewhere God wants us to be, then keep it simple (as we sometimes over complicate and don't get the message) and give me one interview, one job offer and one option. It seems that God has taken that request seriously.
I have had one interview, on the phone no less, one offer (currently being prayed over and discussed in obsessive detail) and two options. The option for change is to move to a small native community north of Kenora, ON on a very short timeline. I have been offered a grade 4 position. The option for staying the same is to wait for the hiring season that occurs in August and make a gazillion more applications, hoping to get an LTO or onto a supply list. Not an easy decision. LK and I have been agonizing over the possibilities and details. FK is agog at our discussions and wants to go on an adventure.
On one hand it opens up amazing opportunities for us to learn and grow. A whole world of Canadian politics, history, geography, people... On the other hand it takes us a 24-hour drive away from family that we already feel far from (geographically speaking). I wanted to move closer to family, not further away!
So I sit and think over the power of praying. When you pray, God listens, although sometimes his responses are not what you hoped for. I have learned that his answers are always better in the long run than anything you would have chosen for yourself. So now we try to determine his will (not an easy task) and make our decision.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment