Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Red Sea

The last time we moved we didn't have children. What a difference that makes. I am overwhelmed with the details and so little time to get it all together. Our new accommodations are furnished, so we only need to bring clothes, linens, and kitchenware. What in the world do we do with all the rest of our stuff?
On one hand it would be very freeing to leave most of the paraphernalia of life behind and start fresh. On the other hand, our stuff may be the only familiar thing there. Today I just want the sea to open and walk across on dry land. Where is Moses when you need him?

1 comment:

Arjenna said...

DUDE!!! I just went to Dave and Emily's for dinner and got the update!!! OH. MY. WORD! wow, you guys. very very exciting and new and stressful and scary all at once! i can't believe you're leaving so soon! I was just thinking the other day, i really have to call Kaldeways and go over for tea or something soon. I'm suddenly sad that i won't see you...though really, since i'm also moving for a year, i wouldn't have seen you much anyway... but it's coming up so FAST now! Anyway, if i don't hear from you over the weekend, i'll give you a call next week and see what you're doing, whether you need help with anything, whether you need some chocolate chip cookies or icecream, etc.
Love you!
Arjenna