I have a former colleague who likes to say that God's favourite time is 11:59. What he means is that God often waits until the last moment to give us direction or a push to follow him. Well, I have been praying and waiting for His push since April. The clock has been ticking away, with midnight (September) looming closer. LK and I are pretty big on having a plan and covering bases, although I have a bit of wild and crazy risk-taking in me that occasionally asserts itself (I consider it an openness to the Spirit- my husband has another name for it).
If you know me, you know we have had a roller coaster month with each few days bringing more bits of information to add to our pot and no end to the cooking time (except that ticking clock). Almost two weeks ago I had a job offer for a job in northern Ontario that was a big change. But the Lord told Abraham to go, and Abraham didn't even know where he was going. So we tried to be open. We have weighed the job offer, researched the cost, gains, and impact on us and found ourselves wanting to begin a new adventure.
We were all set to sign a contract for a teaching position that meant a huge move to a part of the province that neither of us ever thought would be a part of our reality- north of Superior. I had the letter of intent signed and ready to scan and email back to the school board. Until I got home from my course today. There was a message from a school in Mississauga for an interview. What could I do? I called and they wanted to set up an interview for Monday.
So now we sit and wait through another weekend, trying with all our might to trust in God. Honestly, I am disappointed. I was set, so was LK. We are both trying to hold on. Mississauga makes sense financially and for community, but it doesn't have the same wide-eyed possibility...
More Monday after my interview.
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment