Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Grumpy Pants

It turns out that my celebration of a quick return to health and strength (ie. running) was premature.  I went in to town for what I hoped was my last physio appointment today.  Turns out I have a hip injury that was just waiting to make itself known once I felt I had a handle on the shoulder.  The big clue was the back pain after two very slow walk-run sessions this week.  There is no way a 1 minute run followed by a 2 minute walk should cause enough back pain to make you cry.  That just shouldn't be.

So, after heat treatment and some pushing around, my hip is apparently back in alignment.  That is it was until I got in the car to drive an hour and a half home.  By the time I got home the pain was back and I was ready to pack it all in.

If LK and I can't get it back to its right place consistently this week I don't want to remember what the physio man said would happen.  I am in denial.  Besides I apparently have a long way to go in gaining back that last 10% of mobility.  And we haven't even tackled strength yet.  Aaargh!

So I am off to stretch, and try to sleep on my back.  I hate sleeping on my back.

Sheesh, what a grumpy pants!

No comments: