Thursday, July 11, 2013

Split Seats

One of the lovely features of a Subaru is the split rear seat.  The back seat has two pieces to the back section so you can put part of the seat down for long cargo and still have a passenger in the back.  I am convinced that they designed those seats specifically with IKEA in mind.

Fi and I make a pilgrimage to the city this week.  We did what has become the semi-annual clothes shopping (I have gotten to the point where we do our big clothes shopping twice a year).  We had a delightful time choosing options and standing in line for the dressing room four times (6 item limit must be honoured on a busy afternoon) to try all her choices on.  And the best part was that her taste is very clearly in the preppy camp, so no arguments about skanky clothes.  Counting my blessings!

We also went to IKEA for the cheapest breakfast on the planet (less than $6 for the two of us).  Fortified well we spent an hour wandering the showrooms.  So much inspiration!  We both are seeing more and more appeal in modern design.  Part of the appeal is the lack of clutter.  It was good inspiration to purge some of the junk that has accumulated on our house.

We bought a bookcase.  That has been a purchase we have longed to make for a year.  We kept telling ourselves to wait until after we move.  But the move is nowhere in sight, and we are going mad with the lack of storage in the living room.  So we took the plunge.

We got home in time for Fi to read Jo his stories (apparently he really missed her) and me to take the dog for her evening walk.  By the time I got back LK was already working on his grown-up LEGO.  And the Sprouts came down this morning to a much more tidy living room.

I have to go, as there is much organizing to do in this house still.  And I have a burr under my saddle about it. Oh the joy of organization!

No comments: