Monday, May 28, 2012

The Times They are A-Changin'

Well, there has been change happening all over the place in the the two months.  Some of it has been very difficult, and so I have refrained from blogging about it.  There are some things that I just can't share with you virtually; they require face-to-face interaction and a hot cup of tea.  Some of it is exciting.  Some of the difficult has been mixed with the exciting to make it all a bit messier to deal with.  Now that the dust has settled (and I hope the changes have stopped for at least a few months) I am ready to share the exciting stuff.

After 15 years in the classroom I am leaving it.  I have been offered the position of Head of Resource for September and have accepted.  I am happy about the change, although it took a bit of convincing from family and colleagues for me to let go of the classroom that I have put so much work into making pretty and welcoming.  Now that I am doing things like ordering for next year and starting to pack up my things in the classroom I am also getting very excited.

I am one of those sad cases who always needs a challenge, and gets bored if there isn't a learning curve.  So, this change means a big challenge and a fabulous new learning curve.  And it will be interesting to see if working outside the classroom is a good fit for me, or if I miss it terribly and cannot wait to go back.

This week I am reading Special Education catalogues instead of fashion blogs, IEPs instead of magazines, and creating more sticky note lists that I can possibly keep track of.  But, my heavens, am I ever a-twitter with excitement over the new challenge.

1 comment:

Jodi.C said...

Wow... while I'm too far away for a cup of tea and a chat, I'd love to hear about the end of your year and your new position. God bless as you move forward in this new role.