Saturday, May 12, 2012

Anniversary Bliss

LK and I enjoyed an absolutely lovely anniversary thanks to a sleepover with Nana and Pop for the Sprouts.

Yesterday they packed their bags and skipped down the road to Nana's house after lunch (I love payday Fridays).  They took "friends" (stuffed animals for nighttime snuggles) and toothbrushes and a clean change of underwear.  They were anticipating a movie night, a special dinner, and a hike with Pop. 

LK and I were anticipating a relaxed trip to town with no complaining about the choice of food, talking over us, or yelling at their sibling because they were being too loud or too quiet.  I anticipated a creamy chocolate martini and walking with my sweetie holding hands.  He anticipated my undivided attention and a chance to take pictures.

I think everybody got what they were looking for.

After a lovely dinner at a grown-up restaurant, some shopping at a grown-up pace, and a trip home in the golden hour we enjoyed the quiet of the house until after lunch today.  I made breakfast for a change.  We went for a run together.

Life is unbelievably good.

I am deeply thankful for my husband who I still feel head-over-heels in love with after 16 years.  I am thankful for parents who love their grandchildren and make sleepovers with them a lovely treat. 

1 comment:

Jodi.C said...

Happy anniversary, you two.